As the global business environment transitions to cloud data storage and online administration, there is a greater than-ever demand for cybersecurity. More people are exposed to the internet, which increases the risk of exploitation of both user and commercial organization data. Due to this, there is now a greater need for cybersecurity experts that are knowledgeable and talented in the field.
With technology becoming increasingly prevalent in our daily lives, it is even more critical that there exist, people who understand how computers and networks work, as well as data and information security. The industry's rapid expansion can be attributed in part to the constantly evolving technical environment, which makes it necessary to employ smart individuals with a range of knowledge levels. In terms of Cyber Security, Germany has a highly futuristic perspective and wants to make the industry simpler by making solutions available to everyone. This will significantly increase the number of students pursuing professions in data governance and cyber security.
Germany's cybersecurity environment is geared toward promoting collaboration, gaining knowledge, and giving life to fresh innovations. The nation is becoming a leader in this field by raising knowledge of data governance and cybersecurity, as well as by developing high-quality resources in the form of software security solutions.
Scope of Cyber Security in Germany:
- The worldwide cybersecurity industry has experienced rapid expansion over the last few years, with revenue rising from US$83 billion in 2016 to US$139 in 2021, growing at a CAGR of 10.8%, driven by the rising awareness of data dangers and threats.
- Furthermore, as both developed and emerging nations use the internet more frequently, cybersecurity adoption is predicted to rise.
- Due to remote work's security flaws and the transition to virtualized IT systems, like cloud computing's architecture, data, and network, many firms have experienced an increase in cyberattacks as a result of the COVID-19 crisis.
- Germany is projected to have 1.3 million competent IT employees by the end of 2022. Additionally, the German technology sector's revenue growth is being driven by IT.
- By 2027, the market volume is projected to reach US$11.73 billion, with revenue estimated to expand at a 12.76% annual rate (CAGR 2022-2027).
Cyber Security Career Domains:
- Data Security Manager: With the help of the Data Security Manager, administrators may define data access policies, control DSM users and logical domains, create use reports, add new hosts, view security logs, manage third-party keys and digital certificates, and do a lot more.
- Information Security Manager: Information security managers specialize in preventing security breaches and cyberattacks on an organization's computer systems, networks, and databases.
- Chief Information Security Officer: The chief information security officer, or CISO, is a senior-level executive who is in charge of creating and putting into effect an information security program that includes guidelines and policies for safeguarding internal and external threats to the enterprise's systems, communications, and assets.
- Information Security Engineer: A technical position held by security engineers, often known as information security engineers, in a business or organization. Their main responsibility is to implement and oversee network and computer security protocols to safeguard sensitive data against theft or hacking.
- Cross-Platform Security Manager: The security and functionality of all system platforms are ensured by a cross-platform security manager. Determines the appropriate amount of risk for enterprise computing systems in collaboration with senior management.
- Information Security Analyst: They keep an eye out for security breaches on their company's networks and look into them when they do. To protect sensitive information, use and maintain technologies such as firewalls and data encryption systems.
Highly recommended Cyber Security companies in Germany :
- Andersen Germany GmbH
- HWM IT Service Berlin
- Virtual Forge
Career Domains and Salaries 2022:
Some of the popular Job profiles in Cyber Security are listed below along with the salaries:
Hopefully, reading this blog will equip you with the knowledge needed to enroll in a master's program in cybersecurity in Germany. Planning to study in Germany? Speak with Uni-Access’s expert advisors. We can assist you in selecting the ideal program and university in Germany as well as in submitting your application so that you may be considered for candidacy.
Connect with us immediately and right away!
Also Read: MS in Cyber Security in Germany