When you apply for EU universities, you have to fulfil certain formalities of which document submission is an integral requirement. All your certificates, documents and any other paperwork need to be translated to English or the official language of that respective EU country. For example, German universities need documents in English or German. Hence, you will need the services of an authenticated translator. This will ensure that the translation is accurate and identical as per the original documents. A translator will charge some amount of fee for his or her services. We have already checked authentic translators for your convenience. You can access list according to your location on this link.


Document Translation

Document translation is a necessary process for the university application process. If not fulfilled, it will be considered as an incomplete requirement and your application may be put on hold or not be processed. The university may not give you time for document translation after application submission. So, it is advisable to translate every document in English or the official language of that country and submit them along with the application. Here is the checklist of documents that may need translation:

  • School and academic documents
  • Professional/vocational documents
  • Identity and address proof documents
  • Birth certificate
  • Marriage certificate (if the spouse is travelling with you)
  • Passport
  • Bank statements
  • Proof of good financial standing
  • Letter of admission
  • Student visa
  • Travel insurance
  • Travel authorization

Please note that this checklist is inclusive, but not exhaustive. The documents may vary according to the country and university.



Germany, Austria and Switzerland are German speaking countries, also known as DACH region. German is also widely spoken in Belgium, Liechtenstein and Luxembourg. Hence most universities in this region will accept your documents in German or English. If you your documents are not in English or German, then you should get the translated one of the languages. Switzerland is special, French and Italian are also spoken in the country. So, they may accept your documents in French and Italian.  Always check what your universities accepts.



French is spoken in France as national language. Universities may accept your documents in English or French. Hence you may have to submit your certificates in either of these languages. French is also spoken in some areas of Switzerland. You must always check what is required by the university and the study program you are applying to.



Spanish is mother tongue in Spain; hence universities may request you document in Spanish or English. You can always check in the documents section of the program you intend to apply for. Translating your documents in English is always easier and faster.



Dutch is not only spoken in Netherlands alone but also some parts of Belgium. Educational institutions may request you to submit your certificates in English a globally accepted language or Dutch. One must check with university requirements and if required get certificates translated if required so.



Italian is spoken in Italy and in Malta. Universities will ask you to submit your certificates in Italian or English while applying to study programs. One must always check what university has stated in their requirements for completing the application process. 



Czech is spoken in Czech Republic and some areas of Slovakia. Almost all Universities accept your documentation in English, but if required you may need to translate them to Czech. One can find universities acceptable language in the details of universities. 

Search Translator